Dr Arun Kalpdev MD (OBGYN) DMAS. FMAS. FICRS.
AREA OF PRACTICE & EXPERTISE
- Laparoscopic-Robotic Gynaec Surgeries
- Gynaec Oncology
- Vaginal Aesthetic Surgeries
Dr. Arun Kalpdev is an expert in Gynaecologic Minimal Access Surgery (Laparoscopic & Robotic Surgery). He exclusively performs Laparoscopic, Urogynecologic, Oncologic and Aesthetics Reconstructive Vaginal Surgery.
Dr. Kalpdev is a graduate of Pandit Bhagwat Dayal Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (PGIMS) Rohtak, Haryana,INDIA where he received his Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S) in 2000. He then completed his traditional three-year residency as postgraduate student in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER) Chandigarh, INDIA in 2007 and continued working as senior resident till 2011. During working at PGIMER he chose to focus on Gynaec-Oncology, Urogynaecology and Minimal Access Surgery.
Despite being trained, Dr. Kalpdev chose to further develop his understanding of minimally invasive surgery and female pelvic anatomy for which he studied under internationally-renowned minimal access surgeon Prof R K Mishra and obtained Diploma & Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery from World Laparoscopic Hospital, Gurgaon, INDIA.
Dr. Kalpdev received First Prize for the YOUNG GYNECOLOGIST’S BEST POSTER (free communication session on High Risk Obstetrics) for “Experience with Cardiomyopathy in Pregnancy in Referral Institute in Northern India” at 24th AICC RCOG Conference, 2009, New Delhi, India.
In 2011, after completion of his tenure in PGIMER, Chandigarh, he worked as consultant and strengthened the OBGYN services at Republic of Maldives (Kulhudhuffushi and Funadhoo tertiary care hospitals in Northern province) under Project CARITAS ITALIANA. He also served as Assistant Professor at Medical College Mullana, Ambala, Haryana, India. In 2012 he worked on Gynaec Cancer Backlog project run by WHO in Republic of Botswana, Africa. In Botswana he exclusively performed gynaec oncosurgeries.
He joined MEDANTA: THE MEDICITY in 2012 and worked with Dr Sabhyata Gupta (First Indian Gynaecologist Robotic Surgeon) in Division of Gynaecology & Gynaec Oncology for one year.
In 2013 Dr Kalpdev returned back to Chandigarh, India and started operating as free-lancer visiting gynaec surgeon in rural as well as urban areas where he visited various hospitals in Chandigarh, Mohali, Panchkula, Ropar, Kharar, Ambala, Kaithal, Pehowa, Solan, Mansa, Kurukshetra, Yamunanagar, Delhi, Mathura etc. Subsequently he joined ESIC Model Hospital, Chandigarh where he established practice of Laparoscopic Gynaecology surgical services and Uro-gynaecology. After that he joined as Consultant Gynaecologist & laparoscopic surgeon at Gian Sagar Medical Hospital and established the Division of Gynaecologic Minimal Access Surgery
Since 2015 he has joined SHALBY ( previously Silveroaks Hospital ) Hospital (Mohali, Punjab, India) as Consultant Gynaecologist Laparoscopic surgeon.
Dr. Kalpdev continues to pursue excellence in his field for new, innovative and/or unique surgical and nonsurgical techniques. This commitment to research and development makes him busy for teaching, research, and surgery. The pursuit of a better quality of life for his patients has also lead him to investigate, research, study, and then employ surgical techniques for a much desired and requested line of therapy.
Membership of Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists (PART 1) 
Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists (UK)
FICRS (Fellow of International College of Robotic Surgeons) 
World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons [TGO (The Global Open) University, India]
DMAS & FMAS (Diploma and Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery) 
World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons [TGO (The Global Open) University, India]
M.D. Obstetrics and Gynaecology 
Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh, India
M.B.B.S. (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) 
- PT. B. D. Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak, Haryana, India
|Laparoscopy & Robotic Surgery||Trained from PGIMER Chandigarh. Exclusive training from World Laparoscopy Hospital, Gurgaon, India. Extensive work experience in Laparoscopic & Robotic gynaec surgery with Dr Sabhyata Gupta ( First Indian Gynaecologist Robotic Surgeon ) in Division of Gyn & Gyn-Oncology in MEDANTA: THE MEDICITY|
|Gynaec-Oncology||Comprehensive training in PGIMER Chandigarh. Exclusive experience in Laparoscopic & Robotic gynaec-onco surgery with Dr Sabhyata Gupta ( First Indian Gynaecologist Robotic Surgeon ) in Division of Gyn & Gyn-Oncology in MEDANTA: THE MEDICITY.|
|Urogynecology & Vaginal Reconstructive Surgery||Workshop on International Instructional course and Live workshop on “Good Practice of Urogynecology” & “Vaginal Reconstructive Surgery” PGIMER, Chandigarh with Prof Rover, Prof A Rane, Prof Linda Cordozo & Prof Vart.|
|Aesthetic Vaginal Reconstructive Surgery||Workshop on Aesthetic Vaginal Surgery at International Cosmetic Surgery Symposium (1st International Cosmetic Surgery Symposium) Kovalam, Kerala, INDIA|
|Maternal Critical Care||Trained in management of obstetrical critical cases ( e.g. postpartum hemorrhage, puerperal sepsis, obstetric shock etc) from PGIMER Chandigarh.|
|Acute Gynaecology||Exclusive training from World Laparoscopy Hospital, Gurgaon, India.|
|Basic Skills in Obstetrics & Gynaecology||Certification by Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists.|
|Research Methodology and Biostatistics||Trained form PGIMER, Chandigarh.|
|Gynaecological Pathology||Trained from Department of Pathology, PGIMER, Chandigarh.|
|Teleconsultation||Trained from PGIMER Chandigarh. Worked for teleconsultations in PGIMER Chandigarh & MEDANTA: THE MEDICITY|
CHAPTERS IN BOOKS
- Chapter: DIAGNOSTIC MODALITIES: PREDICTION AND EARLY DETECTION OF THREATENED MISCARRIAGE (co-author with Prof. Dr L.K. Dhaliwal, Head of the Department, Gynaecology & Obstetrics, PGIMER Chandigarh.)
Textbook: THREATENED MISCARRIAGE
Publisher: ECAB Clinical Update: Obstetrics and Gynaecology. Elsevier 2010.
- Chapter: ROLE OF MINIMAL INVASIVE SURGERY IN GYNAECOLOGY ONCOLOGY ( Co-author with Dr Sabhyata Gupta, Director Gynaecology & Gyn-Oncology, MEDANATA:THE MEDICITY )
Textbook: Gynaecologic Oncology Simplified: A Practical Approach
Publisher: FOGSI Textbook 2013
- Rare presentations of extrapulmonary tuberculosis in women. M Rohilla, A Kalpdev, V Jain, GRV Prasad, J Kalra. Micro Medicine 2016, 4 (1), 32-36.
- LiFE Literature for ENYGO – Esgo.org. on surgical treatment in recurrent endometrial cancerhttps://www.esgo.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/ENYGO-LiFE-Report-Issue-1-Oct2015-FINAL.pdf.
- Identification and treatment of intra-abdominal fetal skeletal remains: A consequence of illicit and unsafe abortion. Rohilla M, Kalpdev A, Jain V. Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care 2015 Feb 20:1-5.
- Neovagina Creation: A new method using disposable syringe mold with Interceed. Kalpdev A, Kaur R. Journal of Gynecologic Surgery. November 2015, 31(6): 342-346.
- Robotic hysterectomy and fistula repair for utero vesical fistula in an elderly patient. Gupta S, Yadav R, Lyngdoh B.T. Chaudhari S, Kalpdev A. Journal of Robotic Surgery 2012; 6: S20.
- Destructive operations-a vanishing art in modern obstetrics: 25 year experience at a tertiary care centre in India. Sikka P, Chopra S, Kalpdev A, Jain V, Dhaliwal L. Arch Gynecol Obstet 2011 May; 283(5):929–933.
- Complete ectopia cordis with anencephaly: A case report. Chopra S, Kalpdev A, Suri V, Aggarwal N, Rohilla M. J Clin Ultrasound. 2010; 38(4):212–214.
- Vitamin C and E Supplementation Does Not Reduce the Risk of Superimposed PE in Pregnancy. Kalpdev A, Saha SC, Dhawan V. Hypertens Pregnancy 2011;30(4):447-56.
- Pregnancy with dilated and peripartum cardiomyopathy: maternal and fetal outcome. Suri V, Aggarwal N, Kalpdev A, Chopra S, Sikka P, Vijayvergia R. Arch Gynecol Obstet 2013; 287(2):195–199.
- Can Large Fetal Cystic Hygromas be delivered vaginally? Rohilla M, Kalpdev A, Jain V, Kalra J, Prasad GRV. J Obstet Gynecol India 2013 Dec; 63(6):420–423.
Fellow of World Association of laparoscopic Surgeons (WALS)
Fellow of International College of Robotic Surgeons (ICRS)
Life Member of the Federation of Obstetrics And Gynecologic Societies of Northern India (FOGSI)
Life Member of World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons (WALS)
Life Member of the Indian Association of Gynecologic Endoscopists (IAGE)
Member of European Society of Gynaecology Oncology (ESGO)
Member of Clinical Robotic Surgery Association (CRSA)
Faculty Ethicon Institutes of Surgical Education (EISE)
Registered practitioner under Medical Council of India / Haryana Medical Council
Reviewer of Oman Medical Journal
Reviewer of Asia Pacific journal Of Clinical Nutrition